Organic Haitian Blue Mountain COOPACVOD Washed Process Raw Arabica coffee beans
Sweetly balanced acidity, smooth full body, sweet, rich, almond, nuts, soft but hints of richness in the finish.
Roast Aroma: Caramel, nuts, raspberry, popcorn
Dry Aroma: Dark chocolate, orange, cherry, fruit
Brewed Aroma: Caramel, spice, light floral, nut, and cocoa
Following Information and Tasting Notes are provided by the Producer:
Tasting Notes: Heavy almond and walnut flavors, buttery mouthfeel, smooth low acidity, balanced creamy body.
Region: Norde (North)
Producer: COOPACVOD, Haitian Organic coffee Growers Cooperative
Growers: 1856 (as of 2016) Small Holder Farms averaging 1 Hector (little over 2 Ackers) in size, Members of COOPACVOD Coop
Altitude: 1,200 Meters Above Sea Level
Arabica Variety: Blue Mountain
Processing: Fully Washed
Certifications at the Grower: Organic
Harvest: December - February
* Identical Varietal of Arabica to that found in Jamaica, but for a fraction of the cost.
* We have used this coffee to create sustainable employment for around 2,000 people in Haiti.
* This is the only certified organic coffee coming from Haiti.
* This coffee is Shade Grown which is a rarity in Haiti to have that kind of forest cover.
* The Cooperative is paid roughly 300% higher wages than Fair Trade, not out of charity, but for having an exceptional product.
Haitian Organic Blue Arabica Raw Coffee Description, Tasting Notes, and History Courtesy of COOPACVOD Haitian coffee Cooperative.